P5 Games 8-12

Apex Soccer League: APEX SOCCER LEAGUE: P5 Games 8-12
By Denis Flavin (Denffc) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Well I was back in charge and it was a strange turn. I cant complain at 3 wins but I didnt expect one to be away at Dover....I havent won there many times lol. Well done to Watford Fireman beating me...played well and deserved the win....

By Alex Bozman (Icewarriors) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Fair turn for the Ice Boys, couple of home wins and away 0-0s in the League. 1-0 defeat at Ant's Southern Comfort in the League Cup, leaves a lot to do in the return leg.

By Andrew Barrett (Rushgreen) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Sorry for the negative but I'll get it out the way...
Rgc 1 Afc Reans 2....1st minute - Paulo Saboni sent off for what seemed a light tackle....that's the next 89 paper football minutes screwed then! Honestly, this never happens in reality but so many games in apex are ruined early doors because of them. I'm gathering Clattenberg was the ref! Grrrrr.

Good 3-0 league cup win against a dangerous Firetown side should be enough to see us thru. 7pts in the league was disappointing as was the hit on a mid 8 to a 9 who I will rarely use this season probably. At least my pal Den beat my pal Rich to stop him riding off into the sunset.

By Denis Flavin (Denffc) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

careful Andy,,, youll be sitting in the stands for the next 3 games lol....
Big goal differences for Dover & RGC....seem to find goals easy...whats the secret?

By Philip Burton (Lordburt) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

9pt turn for Foxhall is a step in the right direction and a smash and grab away win in the cup, 2 hits this season, Both on 6*s and Barrett thinks he has stuff to moan about!!!!

By Andrew Barrett (Rushgreen) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Lol fellas, I am petulant at times but those 1st minute red cards do my nut in. Even my chequered Sunday league career never stooped that low!

Regarding the goals, I hit on something last season and it was an obvious one really...my defs would score a fair number of goals so I left them in defence, the ones that never scored I tried playing up front and they started banging them in, Lenny Barrett take a bow son.

Lol Phil, you're right my friend, my mid 9 over your 6*s anyday.

Does anyone want to deal for my mid9?

By Alex Bozman (Icewarriors) on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Can get your frustation, Andy as it's rare in reality for players to get dismissed that early. Feel free to try aggression 0 or 1 in Rush Green's game against the Ice Boys rather than your usual 5

By Denis Flavin (Denffc) on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

thanks for the tip Andy..you are my Apex Guru....look out for goals goals and more goals from Dynamo lol....maybe Apex can introduce that there are no bookings or sending off in the first half....that would be more realistic as refs usually keep cards in their pocket early...

By Andrew Barrett (Rushgreen) on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

Honestly, I've never known a side down to 10 men in apex win a game yet it can happen - look at Sunderland today. Second half dismissals would be more realistic and give a side an opportunity to hold on to a lead if they're ahead or their opponents a chance to fight back if behind.
As for playing 1 agg Alex, never say never although I do use 3 quite often against unmanaged teams.

Lol Denis, come on mate I tried it in those games when I was in charge of your boys but they just wouldn't buy into my "philosophy"! They couldn't wait to see the back of me, losers! ;-D

By Denis Flavin (Denffc) on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Hahaha Andy....i think after 27 years of my defensive tactics you were on a loser.....
strangely enough, i recall playing 0 aggression and still had players sent off...its a funny old game...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: