P21 games 21-24

Apex Soccer League: APEX SOCCER LEAGUE: P21 games 21-24
By Andrew Payton (Clermont) on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

**News Flash - P21 Title race blown wide open with 4 teams within 1 point of each other at the summit as they reach mid-way through another roller-coaster season***
A possible 6 teams have an outside chance of still lifting the Title which will most definitely need to be wrestled “WWF style” away from Phil’s Foxhall Robins side.
Managed to come out of a really tough turn with 9 points, albeit losing AWAY again to Oakvale for the second season on the trot, well played mate.
All in all though can’t complain with wins of rivals Portsmouth Park and Eccles Palace, leaves the Bombers joint Top with Ryan’s Rossy Rockets and Phil’s Foxhall Robins.
Another hard turn approaches so let’s see if we’re still sniffing around the top in a fortnight…
Bombers Rolling on!!!

By Philip Burton (Lordburt) on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 08:55 am:

Mixed bag for the Champions, Happy enough with 7 pts from 3 games but the surprise loss at an unmanaged club was a real blow and made it a bad league turn. Pleased to have seen off Jesters 2-0 on Agg in the League Cup which also means gaining a free players to trade or sell next season, Retro awaits in the Semi. Delighted to have brought in a 7* aged 26, he'll have been an expensive buy if he doesn't gain a hit, but its for the future either way. Private deal went through without a hitch bringing in another * aged 26 and some cash. Tight as a gnats chuff this title race, But it makes an exciting 2nd half to the season and Foxhall will be fighting hard to retain our crown.

By Jamie McEwan (Jamierrch) on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:26 am:

A 12 point turn for Carnwath Herts against 4 unmanaged team sees us move up to 5th place in the league table and "only" 6 points behind the joint leaders.

After a very disappointing start to the season where we picked up 11 points from a possible 30. Results have been much better recently with 40 points gained out of a possible 42.

I see that Carnwath have only played 11 home games and 13 away games. Most of the teams above us have played 14 home games and 10 away games. This might have a slight bearing on the second half of the season.

Both hits went on the same player who is now an 8+*.

Tough start to next turn with home games against Eccles Palace and Staff Bombers.

Jamie

By Ryan Campanelle (Campo1998) on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

Delighted with 12 points and to go top of the table on goal difference and also progress through to the League Cup semi-finals, where we face Eccles Palace.

Not sure where the hits went tbh but they are there somewhere. Struggling with players fitness levels, as has been the case since the start of the season. Any suggestions, other than swapping my GK 7 and about 3 * players for one?

By Ryan Campanelle (Campo1998) on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

A Team Trainer that is!

By Philip Burton (Lordburt) on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Only 5 in P21 at the moment Scampo and doubt you'll get anyone to sell you one, They make too much of a difference, Probably worth 10pts a season. Not many sides without them win the league.

By Ryan Campanelle (Campo1998) on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

I'm having to rotate my squad every turn with anyone under 85 either resting, on the bench as an injury sub or being coached. I'm managing but as the cup games come it's going to be more difficult to rotate. Will just have to suck it up.

By Simon Wynne (Portsmouthpark) on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

Ryan mate,

Old chestnut this one. The guys who have the TT won't ever sell them - and yes it's v unusual that a team wins the league without a TT.

I've approached the GM about this issue on a number of occasions as there is simply no opportunity to acquire one - which I feel doesn't make it a level playing field.

If a team becomes unmanaged then they are put onto the transfer market - but that's the only way you can get one unless the GM changes the game policy.

By Philip Burton (Lordburt) on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

You'll just have to keep shuffling your pack like the rest of us Ryan and hope it works. Ive had a TT for 1 season in P21 and did the double, Coincidence??? Probably not. Its not something i'll lose much sleep over if I'm honest, Most of the teams that have them have been here for the long haul, So perhaps they deserve the edge. Have had ideas in the past where everyone can coach and you can choose whether to have a TT or a YTS at the start of each season, But that wont ever happen, Think yourself lucky you took over a side with a GK7 as even less of them in the game and with only 1 YTS in the game who cant coach its unlikely you'll see a 3rd for very long.

By Simon Wynne (Portsmouthpark) on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Yes Phil - agree entirely with your comments.

It's one of them - you can use it as an excuse or just get on with it. I choose the former but I will keep lobbying the GM as it's not fair.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: