APEX CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2012

Apex Soccer League: APEX SOCCER LEAGUE: APEX CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2012
By Steve - GM (Apexsteve) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 01:04 pm:

OK, folks, the biggest tournament in the Apex world is about to kick off again soon - The Apex Champions League is back!

The format will remain the same and we have been saving all team/player stats after each season has ended, so ratings will be based on those after game 46, except for P1 as season is currently at game 32 this turn, although it will be near game 40/44 by the time the tournament will kick off, so we will adjust ratings slightly to compensate P1 teams.

Depending on the demand to enter the Champions League, there will be a maximum of 48 or 36 teams. If 48 enter, 8 groups of 6 clubs each will be formed. If only 36 enter, there will be 6 groups of 6. Either way, this guarantees 10 games for each team. Afterwards, 16 teams will go through to the knockout stages. If 8 groups, then top 2 will progress. If 6 groups, top 2 again will progress, along with 4 other best 3rd-placed teams. The K.O stages will be over 2-legs.

The entry fee remains the same as always, which is £12 per team. The £12 fee represents very good value for money, as each team definitely gets to play at least 10 games.

Any team can enter as usual, even if teams haven't won any honours, as it is a unique experience compared to other tournaments.

Please note, though, that this competition can only be played thru the post (snailmail), but you will be able to fax or email tactics to us, but results packs will be sent thru the post. If emailing tactics, you will need to scan the teamsheet and send it as an attachment.

The deadline for entries is TUESDAY 27th MARCH and we hope to get the actual games underway a few weeks later.

If you wish to enter, we will be sending out an order form for offliners, but if you play online, then simply email us and let us know which teams you are entering and submit fees accordingly. You can lump the fees together and send it as one payment or bundle it to your normal fees when you send them.

By Michael Eddisford (Steady) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 01:11 pm:

Steve

Do players carry end of season form into Champs league or is it purely based on ratings?

By Steve - GM (Apexsteve) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 02:27 pm:

form is carried over

By Jason Daniels (Newdenlions) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 08:33 pm:

Steve can you enter MILLWALL ATHLETIC form Premier 5.

By Steven Campanelle (Campo1976) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 09:04 pm:

Have just entered the following teams:-

Team Extreme (P1)
Highfield Rangers (P11)
Sporting Campo FC (P61) - currently Millwall Rovers.

Never had the Champions League back when I played last so this is a debut of sorts for me.

Well looking forward to it.

By Michael Eddisford (Steady) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 09:26 pm:

I'll be entering Rossy Rockets from P21. Will be my first time in Champs League also.

By Maxwell Ashworth (Lasvegas) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 09:49 pm:

And Las Vegas All Stars P11.

By Mark Dunn (Marklfc) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 09:51 pm:

All my 4 teams will be entering.

By Nigel Richards (Siralex) on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:05 pm:

Won't be taking part this time around

By Greg Evans (Gamesboss) on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 12:43 pm:

4 teams for me this time, got unfinished business

By Jamie McEwan (Jamierrch) on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 06:57 pm:

I will be entering two teams, Carnwath Herts (P21) and Moorpark Teddy Bears (P61).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: